“With almost 900 million cases globally of kidney disease, 3.9 million on dialysis, and this number projected to grow substantially in Asia and North America to over 5.4 millions by 2030, Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) represents an important unmet need worldwide. Keep in mind that cardiovascular death and all cause mortality increase 5–12 fold over the general population as CKD progresses.
Education is key to address the current gap in care, slow down disease progression and improve outcomes in patients with CKD: to this end, our Corpus programme provides the accessibility and interactivity required for an immersive, effective learning experience!”
- George Bakris
How it works?
The Corpus offers a complete solution to our clients; not only by providing an online meeting platform but also through working with your local teams to ensure high-quality professional meetings every time.
- A virtual programme is developed in collaboration with our specialist Programme Advisors and other key stakeholders.
- The Corpus will work with your local teams to schedule online meetings with our expert faculty.
- The Corpus offers support throughout the programme including creation of flyers, speaker liaison, audience generation, live technical support, full project management and simultaneous translation.
Detailed below is an example of what we could develop for you in Chronic Kidney Disease. The exact content of the medical education will be confirmed following further discussion and exploration of key focus areas at the time of launching the programme
Contact us today to find out how you can support these meetings
Calling out CKD: About the programme
With 1.2 million deaths a year attributed to chronic kidney disease (CKD), it is time we called it out!
The Corpus will be running a series of meetings to educate frontline physicians and improve patient outcomes around the world. These meetings will offer healthcare professionals (HCPs) a unique opportunity to learn from, question and be inspired by global thought leaders in the field. HCPs will have plenty of time to discuss real cases and important issues directly with the experts in this small-group roundtable meeting
This programme has been developed in partnership with Corpus Programme Advisor Professor George Bakris. With each 60-minute meeting comprising a short presentation followed by interactive discussion, a wide range of hot topics will be covered
- Pathophysiology of CKD: Causes, mechanisms of disease and manifestations
- Lectures developed with varied focus, from an all-encompassing overview to promote disease awareness to focused modules on key drivers, such as diabetes, elevated blood pressure and comorbid cardiovascular disease, and autoimmune diseases and infections.
- From MoD to MoA: the evolving CKD treatment landscape
- How is the pathophysiology of CKD addressed by current standard of care and emerging treatment options? Rationale and key data with therapeutic options targeting the haemodynamic axis, the metabolic axis, and inflammation and fibrosis, with focus on delayed progression of CKD.
- Caring for patients with CKD
- Developed with emphasis on patient education and quality of care, particularly suitable for regional/local meetings.
- The unmet need for patients with CKD and T2D: diagnostic pathways and patient journey after diagnosis
- Another series of presentations with strong local/regional focus, including discussion on guidelines, diagnosis and referral, treatment algorithms and patient follow-up.
Connect With Global Experts